Tuesday, March 4, 2008

3.04.08: The 780-cal snack


I rolled the stroller into Starbucks this morning after another wonderful-weather walk.

I ordered a grande Caramel Apple Spice drink and three Petite Vanilla Bean Scones and devoured them as I enjoyed a quiet outside moment as Anna slept in her stroller. (She slept through the entire walk again!)

Then, I went home and did the math as I've started tracking my food and exercise again. According to Starbucks' website, the Caramel Apple Spice drink cost me 380 calories! The three mini scones (which were delicious but no bigger than one regular-sized pastry) were 400 calories!

According to this calories burned calculator, I burned 586 calories on my walk -- so I'm 200 calories in the hole! Ug!

Lesson learned: I have to get in the habit again of checking if I can afford treats before I eat them.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hey Kara--Saw your comment on my blog so thought I'd check out yours. You look beautiful and so does the baby--sounds like all is going well. Hope you continue to snag sleep!
Paula