Monday, April 28, 2008

4.28.08: Acting Skinny

I spent 10 months watching the scale tick upward as I gained my pregnancy pounds and then some.

It's so much fun to back in a downward trend. This morning I got on the scale and realized that I'm 35 pounds lighter than when I was pregnant. I tell ya, it feels incredible.

Beyond the extra spring in my step (even when carrying my 11-pound newborn), psychologically, it's fantastic to have some success. Once I started gaining weight during my pregnancy, despite my best nutritional intentions, I felt fat again. Then I started acting fat again -- tucking wrappers under my car seat, ordering a side of fries instead of salad.

Now, that I'm losing weight, I'm starting to act skinny again. I demand time for my workouts and feel cranky without them. I rarely go anywhere without a water bottle at my side. I figure out how to include five or more fruits and vegetables in my diet each day. I look forward to hopping on the scale to see progress, and work to keep it moving downward.

No comments: