Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spinning My Wheels on June 4




I would like to invite you to a very special event:



Kilimanjaro Spinning (Indoor Cycling) Challenge and Online Silent Auction
10 a.m. June 4 at the Summit YMCA, 67 Maple St., Summit, NJ




The online auction -- with some absolutely fabulous items -- will be right here on the blog. Bidding starts May 26.



I decided to host a special Spinning class (with the fabulous instructors Monica & Joe) fundraiser for Global Alliance for Africa because indoor cycling is a major part of my training for my upcoming Kilimanjaro trek.



I love Spinning because it creates less pressure on my knees. I get great anaerobic training in each class. Proper Spinning posture helps you tighten your core. Great music helps propel you forward. Most of all, the ride, is in the mind.



During the Special Event we'll be emulating my next journey up Mount Kilimanjaro, to the very top and then down again... Be prepared for a fabulous ride -- Kilimanjaro is like climbing the side of the globe -- from the equator to glacier.



Hope to have you there! You can sign up by sending me a note at Kara@fatwomanonthemountain.com. A pledge of at least a $50 donation to Global Alliance for Africa will reserve a bike for you with a souvenir license plate!




No comments: