Wednesday, May 20, 2009

05.20.09: Glowing With Inspiration & Information -- Go Red!


(Me, Joetta Clark Diggs and Mary Tricario at the Garden State Go Red for Women Luncheon.
Photo Courtesy of the Courier News)

I am still glowing with information and inspiration from Monday's Garden State Go Red for Women Luncheon. If you've never been to one of these events, which serve as a fundraiser for the American Heart Association's campaign to empower women about their own health, go -- and bring every woman you know.

I was there as a speaker, to talk about the lifestyle changes I have made and how they led me to the peak of Mount Kilimanjaro and across the finish line of my first marathon, which I did to benefit the American Heart Association. I had the honor of introducing Olympian Joetta Clark Diggs, a true inspiration who is actively inspiring women across the globe through her Joetta Clark Diggs foundation. NBC Chief Medical Editor Nancy Snyderman was a knock-your-socks-off-incredible keynote during the luncheon at The Palace in the Somerset section of Franklin.

The event raised more than $200,000 for the cause, but more importantly left hundreds of women on the path to great heart health.

So my heartfelt thanks to the American Heart Association, especially to Courtney and June, for putting on such an amazing event. Can't wait for next year -- hope to see you all there in Red too!

http://www.fatwomanonthemountain.com/

No comments: