Wednesday, September 23, 2009

09.23.09: The Power Underfoot


The idea behind my Save the World Diet is we have the power to change the world with our own bodies. Our bodies are not just clothing hangers, but vehicles to do our life's work. Every step we take can be an action step.

This weekend I will be taking my own action steps -- as I participate in and speak at the American Heart Association's Start! Heart Walk in Bridgewater, N.J. The Start! walks-- more than 400 nationwide -- are held all over the country are about encouraging people to become up and active.

Walking has the lowest dropout rate of any physical activity and has multiple health benefits. It is also a very Green way to get from point A to point B.

For me, walking has been an empowering activity. It has taken me to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, for AIDS orphans, and to the finish line of my first marathon, which I walked in May on behalf of the American Heart Association and other charities.

So join me 10 a.m. Sunday at Duke Island Park in Bridgewater at the Start! Walk. If you are just starting an exercise routine, or if you are well on the path to great health -- we all have the power to change the world underfoot.

Please Click below to join my team or to support the American Heart Association on behalf of my walk:
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=300942&lis=1&kntae300942=D66923C22FFA426DBDDB8472A056D1EC&supId=0&team=3429656&cj=Y

Thank you!

No comments: