Thursday, February 19, 2009

02.19.09: The World At My Feet

The World At My Feet.
As I train to run/walk the Flying Pig Marathon – my May challenge for the American Heart Association – I have to cover a lot of ground.

So far I’m up to 11 miles on my long run day, and that means going beyond my neighborhood and into neighboring towns. It is neat discovering new side streets and occasionally getting lost. (I typically carry a little map with me to I know how to get back home).

Life on my feet allows me to connect to the world around me. I get to see the tracks of other animals that have traveled the path before me.

Sure, sometimes it can be a bit unnerving sharing the street with vehicles not used to seeing someone trotting along the side of the road. But it keeps me on my feet, alert and aware of everything around me.

To read more about my Save the World Diet, and about my story go to: www.fatwomanonthemountain.com

No comments: