Sunday, March 8, 2009

3.08.09: Getting the Word Out

This weekend, readers of the Tampa Tribune got a glimpse of what I'm up to these days. The newspaper featured my story to preview walkMS, an event I'm doing in honor of my friend and colleague, Marilyn Dillon. The walk falls on the two year anniversary of a massive MS episode that had us worried that we would lose her. She has had a courageous and inspiring journey back to her feet.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/mar/04/together-we-can-get-healthy-and-change-the-world/life/

Earlier in the week, I was featured on Marguerite Dunne's radio show on WTBQ, a radio station serving the Hudson Valley. Marguerite heard my story heard about my Save the World Diet initiative at a MediaBistro workshop and wanted to share it with her Urban Herbalist listeners.

So, I'm getting the word out about the Save the World Diet, and I'm hoping to pass on some inspiration along the way. Stay tuned!

By the way, if you're interested in joining me on my next trek up Kilimanjaro to benefit AIDS orphans, I am going again in late December. I'll have an information session about it at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 5 at the Summit Friends (Quaker) Meeting House, 158 Southern Blvd., Chatham. Global Alliance for Africa's executive director, Tom Derdak, will be there to talk about his organization's AIDS orphans programs. I will talk about my Save the World Diet initiative. Kenyan tea and snacks will be served. The event is free, through please RSVP by sending an email to info@fatwomanonthemountain.com

Return to: www.fatwomanonthemountain.com

No comments: