Friday, January 30, 2009

1.30.09: Make Up Classes


It's been a hectic week. Work is nutty. My husband is away on business. Snow and ice have closed my daughter's morning child care twice this week. All the while, I needed to stay on schedule with my workouts -- I have a lot to do this year!

On Tuesday, I wasn't able to attend my usual get-your-rear-in-gear morning Spinning class. So in the early evening, when things quieted down, I took my daughter to the gym childcare (a very important part of my membership at Can Do in Short Hills) and headed to the Spinning room with my iPod Shuffle. I had downloaded a mix (called Diana's Famous Remix Ride) that one of my favorite instructors, Diana Cirillo, had made. I closed my eyes and and pretended to be in class in the empty room. I tightened the resistance to make hills, and sped up to race along with the music. It was a great ride, even though it was a solo one.

On Thursday, again, I was swamped and missed my morning yoga class. Yoga is what holds me together in this crazy life. In the afternoon, as my daughter played, I popped in my Yoga Conditioning for Athletes video, and unrolled my yoga mat amid my daughters plastic shapes that were strewn across the floor. Sure I had to do a few downward facing dogs over her, to corral her, and make sure she didn't stick her hand in the VCR, but I got through some bends and stretches and felt better for having done something for myself.

I wanted to remind you about some upcoming events...

10 a.m. TOMORROW (Sat. Jan. 31) Save the World Diet Workshop

Meta Center, 214 W. 29th St. (Btwn 7 & 8), NYC. The cost is $29, a portion of the proceeds go to my Save the World Diet effort. No need to preregister just come on down.

8 p.m. Thursday (Feb. 5) Icebreaker Fundraiser for Special Olympics Vermont86 St. Paul St., Burlington, Vt. Cost: A $20 suggested donation to Special Olympics Vermont. There will be drink specials including a Penguin's Plunge Martini, complete with a gummy penguin garnish. Draft beer $3.The DJ starts at 9:30 p.m.

11 a.m. Saturday Feb. 7 The Penguin Plunge. Come on down to the Burlington Waterfront to see me and about 1,000 other lunatics dip into Lake Champlain for Special Olympics Vermont.

2 p.m. Feb. 7 Save the World Diet Workshop

Burlington Courtyard Marriott, 25 Cherry St., Burlington, Vt. Cost $29, a portion of the proceeds go to my Save the World Diet effort.

Hope to see you at one or all of the events!

Kara


No comments: