Friday, February 8, 2008

2.06.08: Baby's First Weigh In

During the 38 week visit to my doctor's office, my OB was a little concerned that the baby hadn't descended or dropped yet.

My doctor explained that likely meant that the baby has lots or room to float around -- after all, my torso is so large as a 6-foot woman.Or, it could mean I'm carrying a very large baby.

My orders were to make an appointment for an ultrasound to get an estimate of the baby's weight.I spent five days fretting about whether I made by baby too fat even before she stepped on this earth and about whether I passed along my weight issues in the womb.

I'm happy to report, the ultrasound news was good, very good. Her estimated weight is a perfect 7 pounds, 7 ounces!Lots of babies don't drop until labor. She'll decide when she's ready move out of the womb.

No comments: