Wednesday, February 6, 2008

2.06.08: Getting ready for new life...


I'm now 39 weeks, two days pregnant. I'm so excited to meet our little girl who has been has only been able to kick to say "Hello."

I know once she arrives, I'll need to kick myself back into shape. In February 2007, I was in the best shape of my life, tough enough to climb Kilimanjaro, Africa's tallest peak. I'm due to have a baby exactly one year later and am now challenging myself to lose the baby weight and then some by February 2009.

This is the ongoing story of balancing motherhood and fitness so that I can be in the best health possible for me and my family. Now that I'm days away from giving birth, I'm looking forward for the new life -- of both my baby and myself...

I've got the exercise DVDs ready. The Nordic Trak has been dusted (I guess that was part of nesting). I've even ordered a bathroom scale (for the past nine months, I've only monitored my weight at the doctor's office). Once I get doctor clearance it will be time to get going because there will be much work to do.

No comments: