Tuesday, December 2, 2008

12.02.08: New Feature -- Tuesday Tunes

So many of us listen to music while training -- I'm often plugged in to my club's audio system or toting my husband's iPod shuffle. So here's a fun mental trick to let music motivate you. Dedicate a song to your weight!

This is something I did during my Kilimanjaro climb training. It helped me focus and stay connected to my body while working out. I used break up songs to bid adieu to lost pounds. My favorite was Kelly Clarkson's 'Since You've Been Gone', which I'd sing to previous pounds "Since you've been gone, I can breathe for the first time." The song details an unhealthy relationship which I'd equate to my past with food. I'd sing love songs -- such as John Mayer's "Your Body is a Wonderland" -- to my newfound healthy body.

Each week, I'll bring you Tuesday Tunes that we can all dedicate to our weight, to help motivate us along our journey. There might even be a playlist along the way.

This week's tune: What Goes Around Comes Around -- Justin Timberlake

This song, which is in the Club Com rotation at my gym, Can Do in Short Hills, reminds me that what I do to my body today will come back to haunt or hurt me somewhere down the line.

Return to: www.fatwomanonthemountain.com

No comments: