Monday, December 15, 2008

12.15.08: Stepping Into Something New

Last week was one of those weeks. My 10-month-old daughter was under the weather. The weather stunk. Then I was under the weather. With all of these excuses, I didn't get to the gym much.

I know that I am at my best when I am eating well and exercising regularily but sometimes weeks worth of working out can slip away in just a few days. Once the workout schedule crumbles, good eating habits often also disappear.

By Saturday I felt terrible. I was crankier than my daughter, stressed that none of these extra holiday-time tasks were done and in tears as I tried to venture to Costco. I turned back from the big box retailers to spend the afternoon chilling out, realizing that hadn't done much lately to care for myself.

It is so incredibly important to take time to care for myself everyday. My workouts are my break. Without them, even for a few days, my world is off kilter and the stress builds up and up.

So today, after I finished my work, I loaded Anna in the car and we headed to the gym. I had been meaning to try a Step Interval class. I had often watched through the window and saw what looked like a group of people having fun.

Today, I am happy to report I was one of them.

Return to www.fatwomanonthemountain.com

No comments: