Wednesday, December 31, 2008

12.31.08: Stone Cold Resolve

As evening falls on this New Year's Eve, I can hear the wind blustering more and more by the minute but I am heading out into the cold and happy to do so.

In about an hour, I'll take the train to NYC to take on the Emerald Nuts Midnight Run, a 4-mile fun run in Central Park at the first moment of 2009. I'm doing this run on behalf of UNICEF, an organization helping kids across the globe.

This is the first of my Save the World Diet challenges. I'm so thrilled this year of taking on a physcial challenge each month for charity is finally here. I'm sick of sitting on my rear -- worrying about the state of the world and my weight.

So I hope you'll join me this year, by focusing on what you can do to help yourself and help the world by taking on physical challenges for charity.

There are 5Ks, bike rides, swims and so on, but it doesn't have to be so formal. Getting healthy and helping the world can eating and exercising so you feel energetic enough to shovel your elderly neighbor's driveway. Please post your aspirations for the coming year... I'm so happy to have you along for the journey!

Running is the least I can do and I hope you'll support me by making a donation on my Facebook Causes page: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/170340?m=8c3a5226&recruiter_id=18302539

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I think it's awesome that you did that midnight run...I like your motivation and will-power. I could use a little of that...I'll keep checking in to see if it rubs off! :)