Friday, December 19, 2008

12.19.08: Getting Beyond Fear

I've been feeling a little pang of fear these days as I announce my intentions to do my Save the World Diet -- a physical challenge for charity each month of 2009. It's scary putting it all out there, telling the world what you want to do -- I mean, what if you fail?

I wash away the fear with the knowledge that it would be much worse to not do anything, to just sit here and waste my life away. The longer I wait to drop these excess pounds, the higher my risk for diabetes, heart disease and oh so many ailments, not to mention a dearth of energy and exciteement about life in general. Now that's a scary thought.

I want to use my body to the best of it's potential. I want to spend my year helping others, and feeling an amazing sense of accomplishment -- knowing that Doing Good is Good for You.

So just a few weeks to go. I'm over my cold. I'm back on the treadmill. I'm really going to do this.

Return to: www.fatwomanonthemountain.com

No comments: