Friday, October 31, 2008

10.31.08: Halloween Junk In My Trunk

I have to be honest here. Halloween candy scares me so much that I have to hide it in the trunk of my car.

Candy is one of my greatest weaknesses. In year's past Halloween was the beginning of the deluge of overindulgence. This year, as I'm training for a four-mile run on New Year's Day, I'm not going down that path.

I know Halloween candy is wrapped in those cute little individual servings, but as I was chewing one piece of candy, I was unwrapping another. I'd pop one aafter another in my mouth until the jumbo bag was gone. I used to buy candy corn as soon as it started showing up on the shelves in the fall -- but the bag would never last until Halloween. Sometimes I'd be lucky if it would last a day.

So there it is. I fear Halloween, not because of the ghouls that will come to my door, but because of the candy.

So until it's time for the trick-or-treaters to come ringing my doorbell, I'm keeping that junk in my trunk, so it doesn't become junk on my trunk.

Return to: www.fatwomanonthemountain.com

No comments: